In different situations, you can find the Labeling UI is broken entirely or partially, which could include the following issues:
- Buttons are not clickable
- Interface clutter or UI elements clashing
- Errors while scrolling the page
If you only see that in the specific projects, it can be the problem with your labeling configuration and custom styles.
Try to use another browser (e.g. Chrome), or follow the Troubleshooting guide.
Extra annotations created in task
Label Studio can control the distribution of tasks across annotators. This is enabled in Project Settings, by defining “Auto” distribution mode and number of required annotations per task. You read more detail in the guide.
Auto distribution mode doesn’t guarantee that all tasks will get exactly the specified amount of annotations - there are many scenarios where users can assign more annotations per task:
- Users with higher privileges than Annotator role can manually create extra annotations.
- When Manual mode is activated - no annotations limits are applied.
- When an Annotator leaves their task in “Draft” mode (edited, not submitted), they can revert back to the task and complete it. It doesn’t guarantee that the same task wasn’t returned back in the labeling queue and labeled by other project members.